The European Marketing Academy (EMAC) is a professional society for people involved or interested in marketing theory and research established in 1975. The purpose of the European Marketing Academy is to provide a society for persons professionally concerned with or interested in marketing theory and research. Its aims are to serve as the core of a communication network for disseminating information and promoting international exchange in the field of marketing.
At present, the Academy has over 1000 members from more than 50 different countries in all five continents.
Do you teach? Do you engage in research? Do you want to be kept informed about advances in the area of marketing? Join the largest European network of marketing academics!
- Annual Conference: Hosted by major universities or scientific institutes all over Europe, the Annual Conference, usually held the last week of May, provides a yearly forum for the presentation and discussion of research projects in various stages of development.
- Doctoral Colloquium: Held during the same week and a the same place as the Annual Conference, the Doctoral colloquium provides outstanding doctoral students in marketing who want to pursue a career in academics with an opportunity to discuss their dissertation research with other doctoral students and leading academics in the field of marketing.
- Regional Conference: The conference aims to attract researchers interested in marketing issues in changing and growing markets regarding a regional perspective. All types of research approaches are welcome. Further it wants to serve the marketing communities of transition societies and interested researchers.
- Newsletter: In order to keep the EMAC membership informed of its activities as well as other happenings in the field, the Academy publishes the online EMAC Newsletter. Apart from conveying information on trends in the field, the Newsletter disseminates on a quarterly basis information on on-going and completed research, teaching material, job vacancies,...
- International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM): Building on a great tradition of global marketing scholarship, IJRM, EMAC flagship journal, aims to contribute substantially to the field of marketing research by providing a high-quality medium for the dissemination of new marketing knowledge and methods.
For more information on the Academy, please contact Anne-Laure Marteaux, EMAC Executive Secretary.