The Executive Secretary invites members to make nominations for posts falling vacant on the Executive Committee.
- 1st Round
- Nomination : 1st week of January
- Deadline for Nomination: 3rd week of January
- 2nd Round:
- Elections: Last week of January
- Deadline for Election: Mid-February
- Notification of Results: End of February
Elected officers take office after the General Assembly at the EMAC Conference following the elections.
EMAC Election Process
- Nominations shall be endorsed by the nominee.
- Nominations for the posts of President and Vice-President shall include a short policy statement by the nominee, to be sent out together with the ballot.
- In the event of there being more than one nomination for a post, a ballot prior to the Annual Conference will be held.
- For the post of President, Vice-Presidents and Treasurer each member of the association is entitled to make a nomination and cast one vote.
- For the vacant posts of National and Regional Representatives, only the members of the country/region are entitled to make a nomination and cast one vote for their respective country/region.
- Self-nominations are unacceptable
The General Assembly validates the Executive Committee members.
The terms of appointment of the officers shall be as follows:
• President: 3 years
• Past President: 1 year
• President-Elect: 2 years
• Vice-Presidents: 3 years
• Treasurer: 3 years
• National/Regional Representatives: 3 years
If a National or Regional Representative changes his/her affiliation to a non-national/regional university during his/her term of office or is no longer an academic, he/she should step down and the position becomes vacant until the next elections.
The mandates of the Vice Presidents, the Treasurer and the National/Regional Representatives can only be renewed once for the same term of appointment.
The consecutive mandates of President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and Editor of IJRM /JMB can cumulate for a continuous period of no longer than 10 years in various positions.
After having served for a period of 10 consecutive years in various positions as President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, or Editor a person cannot be nominated for the mandate of President, Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, or Editor of IJRM/JMB for a period of 3 years.
The mandate of Past President/President Elect can be combined with the mandates of Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, and Editor of IJRM/JMB for a maximum of 1 year.